- Wireless Transmitter/Receiver: The wireless transmitter and receiver do not interfere with your mousing abilities, as the 2.4 GHz radio frequency permits minimal interference between transmitter and receiver (with 30' range), and the USB micro receiver itself is slim and compact, avoiding blocking adjacent ports.
- Long Battery Life: Improved power consumption requirements enable a single AA battery to operate the wireless mouse for up to 3 months of regular usage while reducing the weight. The sensor never sleeps so pointer response is always instantaneous.
- Relaxed Handshake Position: The ergomically contoured shape supports your hand in a natural handshake position that eliminates forearm twisting. You use the same familiar grip as with an ordinary mouse, but in a near-vertical orientation, so almost no retraining is needed. Clicking the mouse buttons does not result in unwanted movement because your thumb naturally opposes your finger movements.
- Contoured and Textured: The contoured black portion of the body where you hold the mouse has a polyurethane coating, allowing you to have complete control of the mouse just by resting your hand on it — practically eliminating the need to grip the mouse.
- Light Tactile Buttons: The buttons on the VerticalMouse take about half the force of traditional mice to click, so your fingers won't get tired with all the clicking required in today's computer applications. The button force is light for easy clicking, but still firm enough to avoid accidental actuation.
- Optical Scroll Wheel: The vertical scroll wheel is optical, providing improved reliability and quiet, smooth operation. Detents provide useful tactile feedback when scrolling.
- 6 Buttons: The VerticalMouse provides a total of 6 buttons. Two thumb operated buttons and 3 finger operated buttons are provided. Also, the scroll wheel provides a fourth button at your fingertips.
- High Resolution Optical Sensor with Pointer Speed Indicator: The high quality optical sensor and easily accessible Pointer Speed button offer 4 resolution settings, enabling users to select the best balance of accuracy and speed for each task throughout the day.
- Finger Flange: A ledge along the bottom right edge of the mouse prevents your little finger from dragging on the work surface.
- Programmable Buttons: Using the latest driver, all 6 buttons are programmable to many different functions. This allows you to customize and optimize your mouse, speeding up common tasks with a single click. Some of the more commonly used programmable button features are described below. Also, you can create customized button programming for different applications so that depending on which application is active, your mouse can perform different preset programmable functions. Programming button number six as a "toggle" enables users to access a second layer of 4 commands via the finger buttons.
- Speed Toggle: Cycle through as many as 4 pointer speed settings with a keyboard shortcut or mouse button. For example, use a high speed for moving between monitors, a medium speed for ordinary tasks and a slow speed for graphics work.
- Auto Dwell Click: Automatically perform a single or double click by pausing the pointer. The time delay before activation is adjustable.
- Click Lock (or Drag Lock):Press and hold a button momentarily to simulate continued pressing without holding down the button. The time delay before activation is adjustable.
- Break Reminder: Set up visual and/or audio alerts to remind you to take a break.
- Width: 3.15" (8.0 cm)
- Depth (front-to-back): 4.45" (11.3 cm)
- Height: 3.03" (7.7 cm)
- Weight: 5.89 oz (167 grams) (Corded VM4R model is 5.3 oz [135 grams])
- Laser Resolution: Extra low, low, medium,
- Buttons: 2 for thumb, 3 buttons + scroll wheel button for fingers
- Compatibility: Also see the compatibility table.
- PC: Includes drivers for Windows XP, Vista, & 7 in 32 bit and 64 bit versions for programming all 6 buttons.
- VerticalMouse 4 Right Bluetooth (for Mac) - provides for direct bluetooth integration
- (Fixed button functions without a driver. Evoluent Mouse Manager available for OS X 10.5 and OS X10.6 (and newer) enables programming for all 6 buttons. Shareware drivers listed on the Evoluent website may be also be used to program the buttons.
- VerticalMouse 4 (Standard, Wireless, and Small Models)
- Downloadable Driver for programming all six buttons for OS X 10.5 and OS X10.6 (and newer)
- Basic 2 button functionalityin OS X or newer without a driver.
- Top button (1): Left click
- Middle button (2): Right click
- Bottom button (3): (no function)
- Scroll wheel button (4): (no function)
- Thumb button (5): (no function)
- Linux: Fixed button functions without a driver. Third party drivers are available for some versions of Linux
- Available drivers:
- Evoluent VerticalMouse drivers (recommended in order to obtain optimum functionality)
- Be sure to uninstall any previous Evoluent or VerticalMouse driver and any other mouse driver before installing the driver.
The buttons are programmable after the Windows driver is installed:
1. Double click the mouse icon on the taskbar to open Evoluent Mouse Manager.
2. Pull down the button function menus to select the functions.
- Freeware driver for Windows Vista 64 / XP 64 / 2003 / 2000.
- As it is freeware, please feel free to make a donation to the author if you like the software. (Neither Micwil Group of Companies Ltd. nor Evoluent has any business relationship with this vendor.)
- Shareware driver for Mac OS X / OS 9
- This driver will enable all buttons and the scroll function. (Neither Micwil Group of Companies Ltd. nor Evoluent has any business relationship with this vendor.)
- Driver Programmable Functions for Each Button:
- Left Click
- Right Click
- Wheel/Middle Click
- Auto Pan
- Double Click
- Keystroke Recording
- Launch Application
- Page Down
- Page Up
- Pointer Speed Toggle
- Print Screen
- Show/Hide Desktop
- Switch Applications
- Note on Programmable Functions: If button 6 (bottom thumb button) is programmed as a "Toggle" button, then a second layer of functions can be added to buttons 1, 2, 3, and 4. This allows for up to nine (9) functions to be programmed into the Evoluent VerticalMouse 4. (6 buttons - 1 as toggle + second layer for 4 buttons = 9 functions)
- Interface: USB wireless receiver. (not compatible with
PS/2 adapters or KVM
- Warranty: 2 years
Need an ergonomic keyboard to go with your Evoluent VerticalMouse?
Evoluent Mouse Friendly Keyboard
The Keyboard that makes mice feel at home!
Don't Need a Numeric Pad
on your Keyboard?
Consider the EVOLUENT ESSENTIALS
Full-featured Compact Keyboard
Now Available in Wired and Wireless